A Privacy Zone is an area you select that will not be recorded by your camera. For example, you may want exclude a neighbor's door or window from being viewed or recorded by your camera. Up to two Privacy Zones can be set and they are easily recognized as gray areas of the screen.
Note: Privacy Zones are only available for the Wired Floodlight, Video Doorbell and Indoor and Outdoor (3rd Gen) Camera.
Creating Privacy Zones
- Choose the camera that you want to add Activity Zones to and tap More. Then select Device Settings.
- From Device Settings, select Motion Settings and then tap Motion Zones.
- On the Motion Zones screen, tap Privacy Zones at the top.
The most recent thumbnail is shown with a grid pattern. Tap Update Photo to refresh the thumbnail image so your settings are accurate.
- Tapping Reset Privacy Zones deletes the existing zones. Privacy Zones cannot be edited, only deleted (reset) and recreated.
- Tap and drag on the screen to draw up to two zones you want selected within the thumbnail image. Once zones are created they can be moved and resized by dragging on the blue dots at the corners of each.
- After your zones are drawn, tap Done to save them. You can tap Save to apply all settings changes and be sent to the Home screen.
- If you tap Zones again, the Zones screen now shows the Privacy Zones in black to help contrast with activity zones, which are grey in the Activity Zone view.