Before you begin, ensure that you have:
- Linked your Blink and Alexa accounts in the Blink app; you must do this before you can enable the Blink SmartHome skill.
- The latest version of the Blink and Alexa apps, and that your Alexa-enabled device is up-to-date.
- An Alexa account within our supported markets United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, or Belgium.
- Amazon Kids mode disabled for your Alexa-enabled devices.
Note: Alexa devices do not support the Blink Indoor (1st Gen) camera.
What is the Blink SmartHome Alexa Skill?
The Blink SmartHome Skill is like an app that allows you to monitor and control your Blink system with hands-free voice commands through compatible Alexa-enabled products.
Enabling the Blink SmartHome Skill
These steps are applicable when setting up the Blink SmartHome Skill for the first time.
- Open the Blink app and tap Settings.
- Tap Account and Privacy.
- Tap Link to Alexa.
- Tap the Open Alexa App button.
- Tap ENABLE TO USE on the Blink SmartHome screen.
- On the Link Account screen, enter the email address and password associated with your Blink account. Then tap Continue.
- Enter the verification code sent to the mobile phone number associated with your Blink account.
Then, tap Verify Code. If you do not receive a verification code within 2 minutes, tap Resend Code.
After you successfully verify your account, you can Close the screen to navigate back to the Alexa app.
Note: Alexa will automatically attempt to discover your Blink devices if you experience difficulties refer to the Troubleshooting guide.
To learn more about accessing Live View, enabling doorbell notifications and more, visit Alexa Supported Features.