Use this article if you're experiencing difficulty connecting to your Sync Module when setting up new devices.
Devices that can cause a conflict
Home electronics which use your Wi-Fi network may be cause a conflict when setting up your Blink devices. If you receive the "Unable to Connect to Sync Module" when adding cameras to a system (including the Blink Video Doorbell and Mini), try removing home electronics from your Wi-Fi such as:
- Smart Thermostats
- Baby Monitors
- Microwave Ovens, Refrigerators, etc.
Once you complete the set up process, you can place your home electronics back online until you complete the setup process.
Additional troubleshooting steps you can try include:
- Use a different phone or tablet
- Restart your mobile device
- Delete and reinstall the Blink app
- Switch off mobile data; use your home's Wi-Fi exclusively
- Disable your VPN
- Disable anti-virus apps
- Relocate the Sync Module to increase signal strength
- Move the Sync Module closer to the router (No closer than 3 feet away)
- Disconnect all Wi-Fi extenders and mesh access points
Remove batteries error
If adding your device fails and you receive an error: "The camera did not respond to the Sync Module. Remove the batteries for 10 seconds, then reinsert them and try again." attempt these instructions and try to pair the devices. Power cycling the camera in this manner will enable its attempt to pair, so it can successfully communicate with your sync module.
Sync Module Offline banner
If you see a "Sync Module Offline" banner across the top of the Blink app and the issue does not resolve itself in a few minutes, visit troubleshooting Sync Module offline.