The Blink SmartHome Alexa skill can monitor and control your Blink system with hands-free voice commands through compatible Alexa-enabled products. All you need to do is enable the Blink SmartHome skill in the Alexa app!
Before you begin
Be sure that you have:
- The latest version of the Blink and Alexa apps, and that your Alexa-enabled device is up-to-date.
- An Alexa account in one of our supported markets (United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, and Belgium).
- Have Amazon Kids mode disabled for your Alexa-enabled devices. Learn how to turn off Amazon Kids mode.
Enable the Blink SmartHome Alexa Skill
Before you enable the Blink SmartHome skill, you must link your Blink and Alexa accounts in the Blink app.
- Open the Blink app and tap Settings .
- Tap Account and Privacy .
- Tap Link to Alexa.
- Tap Open Alexa App.
- On the Blink SmartHome screen, tap ENABLE TO USE.
- On the Link Account screen, enter the email address and password associated with your Blink account. Then, tap Continue.
- Enter the verification code sent to the mobile phone number associated with your Blink account. Then, tap Verify Code. If you do not receive a verification code within 2 minutes, tap Resend Code.
- Tap Close. Alexa will automatically discover your Blink devices. If Alexa fails to discover your Blink devices automatically, you can connect your devices manually.
- After Alexa discovers your Blink devices, you will be asked to create a 4-digit voice code. This code is used to disarm your Blink system. If you do not set up a voice code, you will not be able to use Alexa to disarm your Blink system. Learn more about setting up or changing your Alexa Voice Code. The voice code is also known as a personally identifiable number (PIN).
Now you are ready to monitor your Blink system, hands-free, with Alexa voice commands!
Discover Alexa Features
You can ask Alexa to announce doorbell presses, show you a live view (with compatible Alexa-enabled screen devices), arm or disarm your system, and much more. Looking for something specific? Explore all supported Alexa features.
"Someone is at your front door."
You can have your Alexa-enabled devices announce your doorbell presses.
"Alexa, show me the patio."
You can see live views from your Blink cameras on Alexa-enabled devices such as Amazon Echo, Fire TV, and Fire Tablet devices.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I download the Alexa app?Delete
How can I use my Blink devices in Alexa Routines?
You can use your Blink devices in Alexa Routines. To learn more, visit Alexa Routines.Delete
Do Blink products support or make use of Amazon Sidewalk?
No, Blink products do not currently support or make use of Amazon Sidewalk.Delete
View all frequently asked questions.
- Manually discovering your Blink devices in the Alexa app
- Why is Alexa asking me to provide a Voice Code?
- Why is Alexa announcing my old device's name?
See more Alexa troubleshooting tips.