The Blink One-Year Limited Warranty does not normally cover theft or vandalism. However, Blink is offering a courtesy replacement free of charge, if your Blink device does get stolen.
To receive your replacement as quickly as possible, carefully follow these steps:
Immediately report the theft to the police.
Before you do anything else, you should report the theft to the police. Follow their instructions to protect the scene until an officer arrives to take your report. When you make your police report, be sure to write down the case number and officer's name.
Obtain a copy of the police report as soon as possible.
A copy of the police report is proof of theft. No replacement can be provided without a copy of the police report*. To receive a replacement, provide a copy of the police report within 15 business days of the reported theft date.
Create a Blink Technical Support case within 15 days of the theft.
Within 15 business days of the theft, submit a Blink Support Ticket, and attach a clearly readable copy of the police report to your description of events.
*To learn exactly how to get a copy of the police report, you can call the officer that took your report, and reference the case number. Be sure the police report document has all the details you wish to give, and ask to amend the report if needed.
Blink Courtesy Theft Replacement Policy
Terms and Conditions
- Blink will happily provide your courtesy, cost-free replacement device, within 15 business days of verifying the police report copy you provide.
- Replacement of your stolen Blink device is a courtesy service provided by Blink.
Blink reserves the right to deny this service at any time, for suspected fraud, or any other reason Blink decides.
- You must notify Blink within 15 days of the date the theft occurred, not when the police report was made. Blink may decide to replace a device you report stolen after the 15 day limit at their discretion.
- Replacement devices offered under this policy are offered on a "like for like" basis.
Blink will provide a replacement of the same type and model as the device you report stolen.
- Any decision made by Blink regarding replacement of stolen devices is considered final and binding.